Book Promotion or lack thereof and why I love Ecuador!

Okay, I feel like talking about what's happening to me right now. The thing about the book is that I have no clue how to market it. I have tried so many things that just don't result in anything significant. Even this blog, I have no idea what to write in this blog. One source said blogging is the best way to promote a book, but not write about the book, write about other stuff. Really? Does that really work? How do people know to come to my blog? Why would anyone care to read it? I don't know but I am giving it a try.

So, I am just going to babble today to see if anyone reads it and responds.

Anyway, now I am considering a book promotion service to promote my book for me. Books Go Social has a service that costs $149 for 6 weeks of promotion with a money back guarantee - so it sounds good to me. I just bought a new computer this month and still have to pay for shipping from the US to Chile, so I need to wait until next month to order the promotion service. sigh

Today is sunny in Pichilemu, Chile. I am so glad because the last few days have been cold and dreary. A stark change from Ecuador. It has been 2 weeks since I returned and I still miss the warmth and lush environment of Ecuador. My husband Jim and I thought about moving there, but we have a hard time wanting to leave Chile. We have permanent resident visas and a local bank account with our SSA direct deposited. Both are major factors in our lives here. To switch over to another country is a huge change for us. But, Ecuador allows 6 month tourist visas so we are thinking of renting a small place for a few months at a time. We could rent our house here while we are gone, but I would prefer free rent to anyone willing to cat sit (3 indoor cats and 1 outdoor cat). Anyone interested?

There are two cities in Ecuador where I could live happily: Banos and Montanita. Banos has beautiful views of waterfalls and hot mineral baths! You can soak in the hot tub with a view of a fabulous waterfall and at night the lights of the city sparkle below! And everything is so inexpensive in Ecuador - the baths cost $2 before 2:00 and after 4:00 it is $3. My friends Jan and Stephanie and I went every day! After the soak we had massages at our hotel! Such a great treat! Then we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. One was of which was The Hood which had a view of an art gallery studio across the street. (Those of you who know me know that I find interesting things across the street from restaurants where I am eating and I have a passion for art.) I went there twice and bought a total of five small paintings, and wish I had bought more.

My other favorite city is Montanita because it is on the beach! In the early morning when the tide was out I watched 2 dogs jump the waves together and when they left a crane came and did the same thing! So cool! Warm weather, surfers, pelicans, great shopping (I bought crystals and jewelry and more artworks). The food was wonderful. My favorite place was a little Peruvian place that had a super good chef! They had a great daily menu for $3.50 but I loved the fresh fried shrimp for $5.

Okay, that is enough for now. Please comment if you read this - I need to know if it is worth the time to write it. Thanks!!
Geree

Comments

  1. Hi Geree! I loved reading your blog. It felt like you were just talking to me over a cup if coffee. I like that. I think it will get easier as you go on. After all, you ARE a writer!
    One thing you might want to consider: I found the print to be faint for us older readers with less than perfect eyesight. Maybe use the bold effect on the type? Just an idea :)
    Continue on dear friend. You have much to share and we need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. It inspires more babble, I hope it doesn't get out of hand! You are so right about the dim print and I will see if I can change it to black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally someone is reviving a blog! I can't even put into words how happy that makes me! Yes, I will continue to read your blog (and hopefully see pics of your adventures). I have been thinking of reviving my blog(s) that I have but I just didn't know if anyone would follow suit. I was not very happy when friends and family left here for Facebook. Facebook has it's pro's and con's just like anything but I always wanted to come back to Blogspot. Thanks for starting this revived trend Geree! Let's hope others follow in great numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the enthusiasm Joan! I mean, really!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Look